Project: Russia and the Asia-Pacific: Conceptual Basis for Security and Development Policy
- The Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity: America’s Answer to the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership?
- Shared Territorial Concern, Opposition to US Intervention Prompt Russia’s Support to China on Taiwan Question
- Andrey Kortunov and Ambassador of the Republic of Korea Lee Sok-Bae Discuss Aggravation of the U.S.-China Relations
- Lecture by H.E. Dr. Hang Chuon Naron, Minister of Education, Youth and Sport of the Kingdom of Cambodia
- Improving Relations between the DPRK and the Republic of Korea is a Prerequisite for Resolving the Korean Crisis
- Russia, China and the US in the Asia-Pacific — Is Cooperation Possible? RIAC City Breakfast at the Fyodor Dostoyevsky Library
The project is designed to assess Russia’s interests in the Asia Pacific, develop proposals for Russia’s efficient integration in the region and cooperation with regional formats (APEC, ASEAN and others).
In addition, the large-scale regional project also addresses the outlook for Russia’s bilateral relations with its strategic partners – China, India, Republic of Korea, Japan and other countries in the region.
Moving the capital to Kalimantan amid rough economic and political conditions looks like Indonesia’s bid for assuming the role of regional leaderShort
It is premature to talk about Bangladesh’s unequivocal entry into the orbit of Chinese influenceShort
The future of Japan cannot be based only on its partnerships with the US and NATO, as important as this partnership is for Tokyo. This future also depends on Japan's relations…Short
Expert columns (9)
The unprecedented U.S.-led Western sanctions against Russia proved that economic interests are subservient to political ones since there’s no economic logic behind the EU…Short
For Russia’s ambitions to be realized, one has to admit the mistakes made during the first “turn to the East”, which suffered from lack of consistent actions, as the…Short
On May 17, 2021 the Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC) held an online round table “Russia — New Zealand Track Two Dialogue”. The event was organized with the support of the Embassy of New Zealand in the Russian Federation
On April 9, 2021, the Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC) held an online round table dedicated to the 65th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the Russian Federation and the Kingdom of Cambodia
On April 9, 2020, at 10:00 am UTC+3
Tatiana Romanova, Maxine David
Aleksey Arbatov, Sergey Oznobishchev
Dean of the Department of World Economics and World Politics of the National Research University-Higher School of Economics