RIAC sees its mission in securing Russia’s prosperity through integration into a global world.
RIAC shall serve as the bridge between the government, punditry, businesses and civil society in dealing with foreign policy challenges.
- Research work and international expertise
- Education and Enlightenment
- Communication and public activities
- International activities
Research work and international expertise
Our aim is to provide analyses and forecasts of global risks and opportunities for the benefit of Russian diplomacy, businesses, educational centers, public organizations, and their foreign peers.
- Initiates scholarly studies of the most burning issues of world politics;
- Commissions academic and independent research centers to produce analytical and information surveys;
- Undertakes complex research projects in the interests of governmental bodies, businesses, and international organizations;
- Carries out research projects in collaboration with leading Russian and foreign “think tanks”.
We effect large-scale research projects on most challenging international issues, prepare analytical surveys and reports, promptly analyze force-majeure situations, and do translations of foreign publications in close cooperation with leading research centers and think tanks.
Analytical work formats (in partnership with international affairs pundits)
- Pundit comments – analytical assessments of current international developments;
- Analytical reports and surveys – a study of current challenges in international affairs and foreign policy;
- Translation of foreign and Russian articles and monographs;
- Organization of conferences, round-table events and panel discussions at high profile Russian and international forums.
Education and Enlightenment
Our aim is to facilitate the training of career foreign policy workforce through integration into global educational environment.
- A sponsor of educational programs in international relations for various professional groups;
- A platform for interaction between Russian higher educational establishments involved in international studies;
- An instrument for internationalization of Russian universities by making them an integral part of global knowledge and information sharing mechanism;
- A partner to leading educational centers in training of international affairs specialists and development of advanced educational programs.
We organize summer and winter schools, internship programs, workshop and master-classes conducted by renowned politicians and diplomats, initiate the development of new Russian textbooks on international relations and university curricula, and incentivize academic mobility and exchange programs.
One of our most important achievements is the creation of the RIAC Youth factions on the basis of some of the leading Russian universities with the view to forming career foreign policy skill pool. The Youth Faction is called upon to engage talented youth from various professional groups into international activities and make them participants to global projects and initiatives.
Educational work formats (in partnership with universities and training centers)
- Summer and winter schools – short-term education programs for Russian and foreign young scholars;
- Training sessions, master classes and workshops aimed at various professional groups;
- Lectures given in Russia by prominent foreign scholars and pundits;
- Translation of foreign textbooks and manuals;
- Setting up the RIAC library and stocking its funds with the most recent and classical literature on international affairs.
Communication and public activities
Our aim is to ensure interaction between representatives of various professional groups in the context of new challenges and opportunities emerging from modern global processes.
- Sponsors discussions with key Russian and foreign government officials, including presidents, heads of governments, parliament speakers, etc.;
- Hosts RIAC club-member meetings;
- Facilitates interaction and communication between representatives of various Russian and foreign professional communities;
- Collaborates with foremost non-profit organizations and foundations in Russia and abroad.
We operate as an open and independent discussion forum and provide broad opportunities for communication between Russian political establishment and civil society on the whole range of international relations and foreign policy issues.
Our aim is to create favorable conditions for Russia’s fastest integration into a global world by implementing multilateral network projects and initiatives.
- Provides information support to Russian foreign policy and public diplomacy initiatives;
- Explores the position of foreign counterparts with regard to Russian initiatives;
- Organizes and takes part in international network projects;
- Works in partnership with councils for international affairs of foreign countries.
We create the conditions for cooperation with international partners on the key issues of foreign policy agenda and take part in international political initiatives and educational and research projects. We engage foreign stakeholders in the realization of Russian projects and programs.
Partnership with the leading Russian organizations in the field of international cooperation is one of the key factors in success of RIAC international activities.
Public and international activity formats
- Annual RIAC review conference that brings together the RIAC members and the governing bodies of RIAC, as well as top government officials to summarize the year’s foreign policy results./li>
- Presentations made by leaders and key government officials of foreign states and big business representatives.
- Club meetings of the RIAC members – regular meetings for informal discussion of foreign policy problems and international projects.
- «World economy» sessions – discussions of major economic problems, investment projects, risk assessment with the participation of Russian and foreign business representatives.
- «Talk to an Ambassador» sessions – meetings with ambassadors of foreign states, discussion of bilateral relations problems, prospective projects and formats of cooperation with Russia.
- «Civil dialogue» sessions – meetings with representatives of Russian and foreign non-profit organizations working in foreign policy sphere.
In your opinion, what are the US long-term goals for Russia?
U.S. wants to establish partnership relations with Russia on condition that it meets the U.S. requirements 33 (31%) U.S. wants to deter Russia’s military and political activity 30 (28%) U.S. wants to dissolve Russia 24 (22%) U.S. wants to establish alliance relations with Russia under the US conditions to rival China 21 (19%)