Project: Russia-Iran Relations on the Modern Stage
- RIAC and IPIS Online Roundtable on Russia, Iran and the World in a Pandemic: Prospects and Scenarios
- Transitioning to a Sustainable Peace. RIAC and IRAS Experts Discuss the Positions of Russia and Iran on Syria
- The Iranian Ambassador Mehdi Sanai: there has never been such a favorable period in the relations between Russia and Iran
Project goals: to analyse Russia-Iran bilateral relations at the current stage: study of the dynamics of the political and economic cooperation between the two countries as well as prospects and opportunities for cooperation on the resolution of the Caspian Sea region, Central Asia, the Caucasus, the Middle East, South-Western Asia; a study of Russia’s and Iran’s interests, possible forms and areas of cooperation, and is directed towards elaboration of recommendations and measures that would take the bilateral cooperation to a more advanced level.
Key Publications of the Project:
- Joint RIAC–IRAS Report “Russia–Iran Partnership: an Overview and Prospects for the Future", 2016
- Working Paper "Modern Russian–Iranian Relations: Challenges and Opportunities", 2014
- Policy Brief "A Pyrrhic Victory: the History of the Sanctions War Against Iran"