Project: South Asia: Opportunities and Challenges for Russia
Aim of the project:
- This project is dedicated to the analysis of the issues of strategic and trade collaboration as well as Russia’s humanitarian cooperation with South-Asian countries.
- The emphasis is traditionally put on the comprehensive analysis of Russia-India bilateral relations and the elaboration of recommendations for their development in the mid-term perspective.
- This project involves government officials as well as business and civil society representatives from both countries in the development of bilateral relations.
- Special attention is paid to security challenges in South Asia in the context of Afghan-Pakistani tensions, the fight against terrorism and drug trafficking in the region.
- Joint report “70th Anniversary of Russia-India Relations: New Horizons or Priveleged Partnership” (in collaboration with VIF)
Vice President of the Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC), Member of the Board of Directors of the Primakov Institute of World Economy and International Relations of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation, General of the Army