CICA International, Nebrija University, & Pugwash Spanish Group
On behalf of CICA INTERNATIONAL, it is our great pleasure to announce and invite you to participate to the 55th CICA International Conferences on Security, with the theme “Global Commons & Security trends: towards a peaceful 21st century”, taking place at Madrid, Spain (May 25-27, 2020).
CICA conferences provide an interdisciplinary forum for world-class scientists, diplomats, militia, policy makers and people from many other fields to discuss and exchange ideas on the hottest topics and progress in the field of security and defence and, more broadly, conflict and aggression.
Under this wide title, understood as those natural spaces out of the national jurisdiction of the states, we may include interesting topics such as:
- Earth: both polar regions, Artic and Antartic, and, late sensu, the advanced borders
- Sea: ocean depths and non-territorial waters, with the mining of its resources, such as minerals and fishery; as well as the global migration in the middle of nowhere (for instance, in the Mediterranean see or in the Indic ocean)
- Air: with the increasing of the aerial navigation and its use for military operations and for terrorist attacks
- Outer space: including the moon and other sidereal bodies
- Cyberspace: including the risk of its non-peaceful use by state and non-state actors
- Security and legal implications related with the above areas
And, following the tradition since the beginning of the CICAs, we also accept any topic related to Conflict and Aggression.
More information on the official site.