Заявление Египетского Пагуошского общества по науке и мировым проблемам
The Egyptian Pugwash Society for Science and International Affairs took note of the NATO’s statement on 5 March 2020 at the occasion of the 50th Anniversary of the NPT entry into force in 1970. At this occasion, the Egyptian Pugwash Society for Science and International Affairs issued the following statement on the eve of the NPT 2020 Review Conference:
- It reiterates the unequivocal undertaking by the nuclear weapon States (NWSs) to accomplish the total elimination of their nuclear arsenals leading to nuclear disarmament to which all States parties are committed under the NPT preamble and Article VI.
- It condemns the nuclear Armed States’ qualitative and quantitative advancement of their nuclear arsenals.
- It calls on all States that have not done so, to adhere to the TPNW without delay.
- The Egyptian Pugwash calls upon all States to support the establishment in the Middle East, of a Zone Free from Nuclear and other weapons of Mass Destruction and request Israel to adhere to the NPT, the only country in the Middle East that has not done so.
- It reiterates its conviction that NATO nuclear sharing policy is violating the NPT provisions, particularly Articles 1 and 2.Сайт Российского Пагуошского комитета при Президиуме РАН: http://pugwash.ru/news/4788.html